Super Simple Vegan Spinach & Chickpea Tropical Curry
This super simple vegan tropic curry is a budget friendly option for busy week nights. You only need a handful of pantry staples and our delicious Slightly Different Topical Curry Sauce to make dinner in a flash.
We’ve used a low FODMAP serving size of chickpeas in this dish but if you aren’t a chickpea fan then that’s okay - this curry would also be lovely with firm tofu, pan-fried chicken or pork.
Prep time: 10 minute
Cook time: 15 minutes
204g uncooked white or basmati rice
2 medium carrots, peeled & diced
20g spring onion, green leaves only, finely sliced
84g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
75g baby spinach
1 tbsp olive oil
1 jar (260g) Slightly Different Tropical Curry Sauce
1.5 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley, finely chopped for serving
1. Place the rice on to cook according to packet instructions (we used the absorption method).
2. Peel and finely dice the carrot. Finely slice the green leaves of the spring onion. Roughly chop the baby spinach. Drain, rinse and measure out the canned chickpeas.
3. Place a medium-sized frypan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and carrots and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes until the carrot is tender. Next add the spring onion leaves, chickpeas and baby spinach and fry for a 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the Slightly Different Tropical Curry Sauce and the water, then mix well. Allow to simmer for 8 minutes or until the sauce is thick and creamy.
4. Fluff the cooked rice with a fork and season with salt.
5. Serve the tropical curry over the rice and garnish with chopped coriander or parsley.
A Low FODMAP recipe reviewed & approved By 'A little Bit Yummy's' dietitian team.
Look out for our promotion card when you receive your order to claim your free gift.